How to Prepare for Reiki Level 1 Class
I imagine that you are excited to start your venture with Reiki. Well, I am delighted to pass on to you this gift and life-changing experience.
I look forward supporting you, should your interest be in taking only level 1, or continuing further to Level II, ART/III and lastly the Master Degree. Be aware that Reiki increases your wellbeing in every area of your life and takes you to exciting paths.
If you have not taken a Reiki treatment, I recommend that you do prior to taking Reiki level 1; otherwise, the energy taken during the course will be used for your own cleansing and healing and you might experience some side effects. If you can’t take a treatment before the course; this is still ok. You will be cleansing your system from toxins and blockages of energy as you practice the 24 body points during the following 21 days after taking level 1. In other words, if you take Reiki treatments prior to your Reiki level 1, your energy field will be clearer but if not, you will be clearing it during your practice, even if you are practicing on someone else. To find a Reiki practitioner closer to your area you can visit our Reiki Directory.
At least a week prior to taking Reiki level 1, it is recommendable that you have a light diet perhaps plant base foods such as fruits & vegetables, grains, nuts & herbs; also drink water whenever you feel thirsty and avoid beverages containing sugar. During Reiki level 1 and after, the body will be releasing toxins and it will be easier for the body if you help it in advance. Healing signs after a Reiki class may include a light headache, unusual dreams and moodiness.
Buy a journal, preferably one that inspires you. Maybe it has your favorite colors or a nice cover; anything that allures you. You will be writing your experiences with Reiki from day one. Every time you go back to your journal you will receive amazing insight from your past notes, even after becoming a Reiki Master.
Reiki classes are to take place on Saturdays so that Reiki practitioners, most likely, have the following day to rest and process the energy received in their respective level. Do your best to take at least half a day to rest after taking a Reiki class.
If you meditate, start putting the intention of opening your heart to receive Reiki energy; however, if you don’t meditate then just bring the thought of being open to Reiki every night before going to bed and in the morning before getting up. This will help you be more sensitive to the energy during level 1.
Below find some recommendations in point form…
How to prepare for Reiki Level 1
Things to Bring
- Open Mind
- Two Pillows ( may vary depending on location)
- Blanket ( may vary depending on location)
- A journal
- Comfortable Clothing (Something you would wear for practicing Yoga)
What to consider for the class:
- Get a minimum of 5 hours sleep the night before
- Avoid using perfumes or any product that may have a strong scent
- Bring lunch that does not need to be heated up ( may vary depending on location). Preferably plant base foods. (vegetables, fruits, grains)
A Week Prior to the class:
- If you meditate regularly, start focusing on opening your heart to receiving Reiki energy. If you don’t meditate, make this a night and morning thought before going to bed and before getting up.
- If possible eat lots of fruits and vegetables a week prior to the class and drink water whenever you are thirsty. Your body will be eliminating toxins and this diet makes it easier for the body to do so.
After taking Reiki Level I
- You will be practicing on yourself and others for a minimum of 21 days prior to taking Reiki level II.
- Reiki Level II will be scheduled a month later at the earliest to give students plenty of time to practice. Reiki level 1 practitioners are not supposed to charge money for treatments during their practicum; however, you can and I encourage you to exchange services.
- I will be updating you on how to prepare for higher levels should you choose to progress further in Reiki. Let me know if you have any questions about preparing for Reiki level 1 . Namaste,
Sign Up to Receive my Monthly Newsletter with Reiki Updates